The Ruach Counselling Centre offers various services:
- General counselling to all who come to us. We work on a donation system, but turn no-one away.
- Although amongst the team there are Christians, we do not push our beliefs on anyone. We meet each client where they are at.
- Counselling is totally confidential – only between the counsellor and the client. We deal with teenagers to old age.
- If a case is not within our abilities, we refer the client to a professional who we feel is best for the case.
- The team has professional supervision every two weeks.
- Counsellors attend at least one course or workshop each quarter to enable them to keep learning more about various topics.
- Added to this we also run the Basic Counselling Course at least once a year. This is a course which is run by our counsellors and professionals, giving a good background to what is involved in counselling.
- We have run the Topical sessions, where we tackle different topics to bring awareness to the community. We will repeat these every year and it is our hope to invite speakers and have regular empowerment events and courses in the future.
- The SADAG (South African Depression and Anxiety Group) meeting is held under our umbrella every second week.
The Centre is registered with NCCDM (National Christian Counselling Development Ministry), which is a counselling organization at Bryanston Methodist Church. The ministry is run by Rev Dr Leon Klein, an ordained minister and a clinical psychologist who had his own practice. Their purpose is to plant counselling centres all around South Africa, making assistance to the people of this country both available and affordable.
We are also registered with SAAP (South African Association for Pastoral Work), ACCinSA (Association of Christian Counselling) and we are members of the Connect Network. Referrals come from many of the welfare organisations and NGO’s in the community, as well as people who contact us of their own accord.
If you, or someone you know is troubling the mind, please give us a call. We would love to be of service to you. No problem is too large or too small to receive help. To date we have covered many areas of counselling: From marriage and relationships, addictions, various forms of abuse, divorce and its effects on all members of the family, peer pressure, depression, decision making, HIV/Aids, bereavement, chronic illness and caregiving.