ASLAN-HOPE IN SPORT’s outreach projects offer sport sessions which are mainly soccer, hockey, rugby, cricket, netball, athletics, basketball and multi-skills. These sessions run during the holidays, school terms and most weekends for local young people wanting to get involved in sport in a safe, positive and encouraging environment. Our session/lesson outline usually includes the following…
- Prior to set up, a risk assessment of the surrounding venue/facility being used.
- Players/pupils/children arrive, pray and have something light to eat (bananas or an energy bar).
- Structured fun and educational warm up.
- A specific sporting skill linked to a life skill/value (e.g. ball control linked to the value of commitment).
- Mini fun matches (opportunity for players to apply the sporting skill and value learnt into a match scenario).
- Fun warm down.
- Debrief/recap of lesson done.
- A challenge for the week ahead and a prayer to end.
- We provide young people with something healthy to eat before they leave (fruit, water, energy bar etc).